2014 Family

2014 Family

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Eve & Christmas Eve



Yesterday I went to the Obgyn. I had not been there in a month so I was anxious to go. I also wanted to get an idea on how Athena is doing and if it seemed my pregnancy might end short…so I can plan for my parents to come visit. Mom and dad want to drive up here to watch our boys when I go into labor. To be here for the birth and help out.
I went to the doctor off base because that’s how they do it here. We heard that the Black Hills is so much better than the Rapid City hospital for OB so we took that advice.
Everything seems to be going smoothly with the pregnancy. Athena’s heart rate is good and her position. Her size is where it should be. And they did NOT tell me she’s took big. With both Lachoneus and Tiberias throughout my pregnancies the nurses would say that they were bigger than they should be at that stage. They kept wondering if I was farther along than I was…because I had two big boys.
But so far nobody has told me that Athena is big. So that’s exciting. The doctor did tell me that because I had two big boys my body is capable of having an even bigger baby. He also told me that induction is an option at 39 weeks along. So I’m thinking maybe mom and dad can come out a week before the due date and we will schedule an induction so that my parents won’t have to be here longer than a week before Athena arrives.  They would be helpful being here before she’s born because I’ll be so big and have the boys to take care of and the house will probably still need unpacking and organizing.
We are scheduled to have our stuff delivered to our house on January 7 which is two weeks away.  The plan is to have Luke in school by then and be closing on the house. The appraiser came yesterday and looked at the house. This is the last thing that we see can stop us from buying this awesome house. If the appraiser says it’s not worth what we have accepted to pay for it then we won’t be allowed to get it. I guess we won’t get a loan or something. I don’t know exactly.

We are in the house (early move in) but don’t have furniture. We have three mattresses we are sleeping on, two rugs and a bunch of small things. The boys have their summer chairs and table. We have a camp chair and an exercise ball to sit on. The boys have lots of toys with them but no places for organization for it can get pretty messy. We just clean everything every night.

When we moved into hotel Luke, Ty and I made friends with a family who was also moving here. Brenda Liefker and her boys Braedon and Bryson. They moved into a house just before us and now we’ve moved into a house. But we only lived 15 minutes away from each other. They live over by our church building. Yesterday Sterling was at work so I took my boys to play at Brenda’s house while I went to my Ob appointment. They are an awesome family! Catholic religion.

Last night, Christmas Eve Eve, for Family Night we made and decorated homemade sugar cookies. It was Luke’s request…after Primary on Sunday. 
We had pita bread with meat, feta and green peppers for dinner. Then the sugar cookie fun and eating. Then I made a batch of cinnamon roll dough…for Christmas Eve breakfast. One hour the night before means only two hours the next morning. They take a long time to make!
Today, Christmas Eve, we are going to teach the boys the story of Christ’s birth using visual aids I made and taping them on the wall.  Then tonight we are going to read the story from the scriptures.
The boys gets to open their new jamas and slippers tonight and wear those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment