2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's day

This year for Father's day the kids and I did  not do anything big. A few years ago we painted on a Sunday tie for him...Luke and Ty's adorable little hand prints. The tie is Sterling and my favorite tie in his closet. Maybe next year Athena will be old enough to open her palm when I try to put paint on it.

This year we got him three new t-shirts. An American Soldier one, a Snoopy and Woodstock Patriotic and a simple brown T-shirt.
I found a fun foam finger (giant sized to the kids). I glued ribbon on it saying "#1 Dad" on both sides and the boys decorated it with markers.

This morning we brought Sterling his gifts while Ty wore the foam finger and he was chanting"Number one dad! Number one dad." It was so cute.

I brought homemade chocolate chip cookies to gospel doctrine for the whole class in honor of Father's day, since it was my week to teach. And all the men in the ward received chocolate kisses.

Sterling helped me, as he does typically on Sundays, by taking Athena while I teach. He did that 2nd hour for Gospel Doctrine and 3rd hour when I taught Ty's Sunbeam class (which had a large number of 10 kids today). Ster is wonderful, hard working and helpful even on his special day.

After church we had a yummy lunch...Sterling's choice. Chicken and potatoes with corn which was cooking while we were gone. The boys had a quiet time after lunch so Sterling and I could relax and watch a tv show together. Athena joined us though.

Ster had some studying to do for work but later was able to enjoy family time. It's a beautiful day! We have not had too many of those yet. So we went outside a while. Enjoyed our outdoor hammock. Ster talked to his dad a while on the phone outside.The kids enjoyed the warm sunlight.

I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dinner in honor of Father's day.

Father's day is such a special holiday. Sterling and I were both raised by wonderful father's. And now Sterling is one himself. He loves his children and roots for them to learn, grow, succeed and be happy. He cares so much about the children individually and I know he will continue to do so.

He is such a fun dad. The boys love playing with him. Rough housing is their favorite! And I know Athena is going to be right on in there with all the boys.
Sterling atleast holds Athena once a day. Today she was giving him kisses...the first baby's kisses. Big mouth slobbery kind. But sincere.

He is also the kind of dad to take them out and do things like fishing. Camping, hiking (whether they want to or not).

I am so thankful for the example Sterling is to our children. So thankful they have him to love, support and raise them.

Happy Father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment