2014 Family

2014 Family

Monday, October 29, 2018

September


The boys' bedroom was really crowded. We had two sets of bunk beds in there. So Sterling and I set out to make room. We tore apart their desk bunkbed that was becoming unstable and used it's pieces for storage in their room. We placed the third mattress under the bunk bed to store.
We moved the dresser out of the closet and moved shelves and drawers from the old bunk bed into the closet. We put the closet doors back on.
We moved a piece of our livingroom sectional into the bedroom for sitting/reading space. It also stores items under the cushions.
And now that the bunk bed isn't in the way of the window we can easily open the curtain and let sunlight in!






 We went on a hike and as we headed back toward the car Tiberias found a caterpillar on the ground. We collected it into Athena's bug holder and took it home. We were lucky because it turns out it is an amazing and beautiful caterpillar AND it was ready to create a cocoon. That day it started building in Athena's container so we quickly made it a bigger and safer space. It was amazing to watch it build it's cocoon. We wanted to watch it make it's cocoon and then safely place it in our shed for the winter because it would be spring before he would emerge as an amazing moth.
Unfortunately just before we placed it in the shed Athena accidentally knocked the container onto the floor and it hit hard and bounced around. The caterpillar's cocoon turned brown with white spots. And from then on there was never any movement from him. Sad. I'm sure he is dead. But we placed the container into the shed just in case he still lives and will emerge in the spring.


 Athena is cute!


 

Ihop! Kids eat free!


School starts!
Mrs. Foerster and Tiberias:

Mrs. Glenn and Lachoneus:
 Grandparents came to visit for Tiberias' baptism.

Athena loooves catching bugs! We walk down our street to a very bug busy spot by the ditch.
Harry Potter party at the library with Parker:

Sterling's parents came and my parents came to stay with us. We were excited for Tiberias' baptism. I really wanted his baptism to be special. To a happy, spiritual and fun day for Ty.

The day before his baptism we were enjoying a relaxing day. The kids went outside to play and my dad went with them. Sterling's parents went on a walk around the neighborhood. Sterling, Mom and I were in the tv room together.
Luke, Athena and dad were on the side of the house and in the backyard looking for bugs. Tiberias took his scooter and was playing on the other side of the house.

Luke came running into the house and said "Ty got hit by a car!"
Mom, Ster and I didn't move. You don't believe something that extreme when it unexpectedly gets thrown at you. I said "What?" Luke said it again...and we all ran.

We ran outside and found Ty laying in the street across the street from our next door neighbors (the Fletchers). The car and it's driver were a little further down the street...in front of our house.
Sterling reached Ty first and I had to take the back seat of comforting Ty. Sterling first assessed visually before touching him much.
Tiberias was all scraped up and bleeding from the back of his head. He was in shock and had no idea what was going on.

Sterling held Ty up a little but still laying down. I had to just stand there comforting Ty without holding him. That was hard.

The ambulance came.
Luke had been the one to find Ty and retrieve us. That was probably scary.
Athena was kept busy looking for bugs by my dad so she didn't know really what was going on. I thought it better that way but then I wondered if it wasn't. She needs to know how dangerous being in the street can be.

Tiberias kept asking "I'm okay, right? Am I okay?" We would assure him but then a moment later he would panic and repeat the same thing.
He didn't know he had been hit by a car.

I knew he was going to be fine. The holy ghost must have been comforting me. But it's still hard to experience.

Ster and Ty went in the ambulance to the hospital. I stayed and talked to the police and the man who drove the car in the accident.
The man lives in the neighborhood and was driving his 10 year old son up my street. He was going probably the speed limit, 25MPH. He didn't admit it but he must have been distracted because he hit Ty and had no time to stop. He stopped a whole house away from the accident.

Ty must not have been paying attention and rode his scooter down a driveway into the street. He hit the side of the hood of the car and must have rolled over the top, landing in the street.

The road is a harsh place to land.

I met up with Sterling and Ty at the hospital. The doctor inspected Tiberias and determined he could go home that night. He was bandaged up and stapled his head shut near the place he had it stapled some years ago. Now he will have two scars on that area of his head.

We picked up medicine and got Ty some ice cream. Then home for a bath.

The baptism was to be held late Saturday morning. I felt we were blessed that Ty was able to walk and be home and get baptized even. We could postpone the baptism but then the grandparents would not be here for it. And we had invited the entire primary to attend ...getting the word out it was postponed would have been difficult.

So we went through with it. We held the baptism as scheduled. Ty was able to walk and play Saturday morning so we were happy about that. He was in pain though.

Ty was embarrassed at all the attention of what had happened so he didn't want us to make a big deal of it at the baptism. So most of the people in attendance did not know what had happened or that he was in pain until after. I discretely and quietly told people during the It's Great to be 8 reception.

The baptism was wonderful. Tiberias was in pain when he went into the water.
It was a difficult and painful event for Ty...no where near the spiritual experience I had hoped Ty would have.


We served full sized donuts.. When you put them together they make the number 8.





Ty was feeling up for it so we went to Ihop after the stake center.


Pictures on Sunday:



Ty's head scar, head wound stapled and road rash:
Tiberias could not wear shoes for a couple days. But there was no school on Monday so he was able to rest and prepare to go back to school. I did let his teacher know his situation but she said he did fine at school that week.

He is very scared of cars and of roads now. He would walk to a friend's house down the street and when he returned home he would  say "A car almost hit me" even though he had stayed on the sidewalk. He is nervous about getting hit by a car.

I started teaching preschool from my home. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-2:30pm. I started the year with 6 students plus Athena. Ben Bair, Paisley Jeffries, Leona Stewart, Noah Stein, Gabriel Munoz and Grayson Burdis. Noah is the oldest, turning 5 in October. He is use to daycare and is well behaved. My easiest student.
Leona turns 5 the same week as Noah but she is so quiet and timid that I think she is younger than Noah when really she isn't.
Athena turns 5 in January. Grayson is my youngest student. He is also a single child until recently. He is learning how to share, how to obey teacher and how to do school work instead of only playing with toys. But he loves to be at preschool! He never wants to leave.

Paisley and Athena fight. Their personalities might be too similar because they clash. Whereas timid Leona is Athena's best friend.

Gabriel hated preschool at first. He has a baby sister but was use to being just him and mom at home. He tried to hate me but I worked with him. His mom would stay for a bit and then leave. Then we would ask Gabriel if he would let her leave sooner the next class and he would agree. But then when she left early the next class he would freak out. He would cry, hit me if I came near him, scream, etc. I did have to put him in time out a couple time for screaming or hitting. But he got better and better.

Now things are great! He sees me as a friend. Both he and Noah just want me to sit and play with them all through preschool. But I have to be teacher. Hopefully the boys will become good friends so I can focus on being teacher.

I love teaching preschool. It is so much fun! I love the kids. I love seeing them grow and prepare for Kindergarten.
Cub Scouts! Ty loves it! He is so happy to be in scouts now.

I tend to throw baby showers whenever someone needs it. Whether it's their first child or their 6th.
Camille Jensen and Elle Rasmussen Heaven sent theme shower at my house:

Jen Christensen made these fun baby rattle cookie pops.

I cut out heavens shapes from pineapple.

Melissa Hansen, Elle, Camille, Druceal Sheldon, a new sister in the ward I can't remember her name.
Melinda Stone, myself and Jen Christensen.

I've been painting some of the rock in our front yard and placing them back there:





Reptile Gardens:


My fun hair style:














No comments:

Post a Comment