2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, January 24, 2014

7 Days old













Athena turned one week old this afternoon. She has gone to the hospital (BlackHills Pediatrics or the base hospital) every single day of her life so far to be poked in the heel and blood taken. Her jaundice level has been high and continued to rise since she was born. Despite our efforts to bring her level down; vitamin drops, sunbathing, and lots of stinky diapers (which she is very good at). 

At one week old she sleeps most of the day. Tummy Time is hard to do because when she is awake she has just eaten and so we don't want to put her on her stomach. 
She sleeps a ton; which is nice because then I can still give the boys attention and get things done. Then in the evening we try to keep her awake. She likes to stay up until almost midnight. Then she sleeps well through the night (waking to eat and get a diaper change) and sometimes sleeps in in the morning.

Last night she woke to eat only once. When I tried waking her to feed her later she refused to wake up. So basically she wanted to sleep through the night. That could be good for me.

She is such a good baby! When Athena was born and just a couple minutes old my mom (Roslyn) said "She is going to be a good baby!" Mom was right!

She does have an upset tummy and gas when I eat chocolate. So I cannot eat it. I had that issue when I breastfed Tiberias as well so I knew it was going to be the case.

Tiberias loves holding her. He is 3 and 1/2 so he doesn't understand holding her head. I have to hold her head and let her lay on his lap, pretty much. He thinks she's cute and will say so. Lachoneus is not as verbal a person about his thoughts and feelings.

 Ty is a little hazardous around the baby. Ty loves to jump and flip pretending he is a power ranger being shot at by villains. He is all over the place with his movements; from the floor onto the couches, running into people...just everywhere.  Twice so far he has scared us practically jumping onto the baby. She is fine.

Now I have someone to be grouped with...we are "the girls" in the house. For so long I've been the lone female while the rest of the family were called "the boys." I already love having a daughter and she's only a week old.








No comments:

Post a Comment