2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, February 8, 2015

So In Love!

It's amazing how a bunch of quite simple experiences can create the perfect day. When you are married to someone and your relationship is truly amazing. Sterling and I strive to put each other above ourselves. We always care how the other is doing and how we can make them happier. We do simple acts of kindness every day.
We talk about what might be bothering us or what we need. We talk about fears, dreams, hopes, goals, and what we would do in different difficult situations that we see others face all the time.

Having these things makes our relationship secure and truly amazing...1) True love - meaning we serve each other. 2) Communication.  3)Commitment. Commitment to marriage...to sticking it out through the hard times and making it last forever. Commitment to each other...to never give up on us.

Today was a perfect day.
This morning our family got ready for church. We arrived at church just in time to walk in and the meeting to start. Since we brought the sacrament bread Sterling had to hurry to get it inside. He left me in the van with the kids and the car keys. In the chaos I locked the keys, and Athena, in the van.
We had no way of getting in. Nobody has a house key for our home to go get our extra van keys. So we would have to call a locksmith.
I felt horrible for being so negligent.  Sterling was not upset however. He sent me and the boys into the church to sit and sacrament meeting while he figured out the problem.

Athena was not strapped into her car seat. She was standing happy and playing. I worried she would fall out of her seat and nobody would be able to get to her to help her feel better.
About 15 minutes into the meeting Sterling and Athena came in! I knew that was not enough time for a locksmith to have come and got her out.

Sterling had convinced Athena to climb down from her seat, go to the front of the van and play around with the buttons until she hit the right one...the unlock button. I could hardly believe it!

She is amazing and climbing up and getting down from everything. It has been annoying...and dangerous. But in this case...amazing! I am so proud of my husband and my baby! And so thankful that my prayers while I sat in sacrament meeting were answered. She did not get hurt and we did not even have to pay someone to open the van! Little miracles!

This afternoon Sterling led the boys in a cleanup of the house while I focused on the kitchen. They did an awesome job!

This evening Sterling made hot pudding cake which we served with ice cream to friends, an Elder (missionary) and our children. It was delicious. Then our guests left and we put our kids to bed.

Sterling and I cuddled and watched tv together and even that was amazing. Sometimes we see situation in tv shows and we ask each other how we would react if it were us. I often imagine myself with Sterling in the situations where couples are first starting out and I already know that later in the show they marry each other. Sterling and I met when we were grown. We were adults past the emotional passionate high school years where everything was new and exciting. So I like to imagine what it would have been like if we were together when we were young. Honestly I am thankful we didn't because I was really naive and made so many mistakes. Plus, I know Ster would have been repelled by me instead of drawn to me back then. But it's still fun to imagine sometimes.

After our tv time we looked at the calendar together and talked about our schedule for tomorrow. We said our goodnights because I typically go to sleep a little earlier than him.

After all of these events I am about to go to bed and I feel so happy. Excited about my life right now. Excited that my husband is as madly in love with me as he ever has been before. He treasures me.  I hope that he always will and that I will always be deserving of his love and admiration.

At this moment I feel I have everything. Everything I could ever wish for. And I feel silly for ever wishing Sterling would do more OR do it differently. 

Does God grant us a perfect life? Or is a perfect life truly a state of being...feeling happy about what you have? I can't figure it out. I am just thankful to have it...whatever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment