2014 Family

2014 Family

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Back To School

Over the Summer my boys have been very helpful to me with house cleaning. They can clean, without my help, their bedroom, the living room, the tv room and empty the dishwasher.

We've done some summer learning to get our brains ready for the school year.

We've visited family and had a blast! We really took advantage of the summer.

Tiberias turned 5 just before the school year began and he was so excited to enter Kindergarten. So was Mommy.

At Meet the Teacher Night we saw classrooms and met teachers. Luke has Mrs. Rauert and Ty has Mrs. Machziewsky...I cannot pronounce either name. They seem like wonderful teachers.

August 24th was the first day of school. All day Kindergarten. They boys had a blast! And Ty was so brave. He said it wasn't scary at all. When I asked the boys what their favorite part of the day was Ty said "the playground" (of course) and Luke said "There are too many ...I can't decide." Luke also stated that "2nd grade is so much funner than 1st"...after one day. lol

That day Dad and Mom got a taste of what the school year will be like. With Sterling's work schedule he is home mornings every other week. This week he is home mornings. So we took Athena to her friends' house while we played a little Tennis. Then we picked her up and went to the Millstone Family Restaurant to celebrate not having the boys.
When we got home Athena went down for a nap. Two hours of no children! What paradise.

Tiberias did not have school the rest of the week because he really starts next Monday. But Luke has been back to school every day.

For back to school pictures I found online that someone had made a beautiful frame using Crayola chalk. So I bought what I needed and made the frame. Only, chalk does not hold...it crumbles and falls off anything it is glued to.
But I made attempts to get it outside for pictures. Unfortunately it would not even stay together if I had taken pictures in the kitchen where I made the frame at because when you grasp it the chalks fall off.
It completely died when the frame somehow fell apart in my arms...not the chalk...the frame. It was too heavy I guess. I had made the frame myself from wood using some special metal attacher things. It didn't work. When it fell to the ground the chalks all broke off.




So this year we did our pictures without a frame.


On the first day of school I left Athena home with Sterling and I walked to pick up the boys. It's about a 15 min walk from our house. It was so nice to get the walk without kids slowing me down. On the walk home the boys were tired after their first day and we walked a little slow for them. Here are pics on the walk home...


P.S. I love having kids. I love being Mom. But I also love that occasions when I get a break.

Athena at the park during the first week of school...

No comments:

Post a Comment