2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, August 21, 2015

8th Wedding Anniversary

Monday August 10 was our 8th Anniversary. With the crazy summer, the fun boys' birthday party when we returned home and the excitement of school approaching I completely forgot about our anniversary. A few days before the date Sterling remembered and told me.

So we quickly planned a celebration. We dropped our three kids off at the Hoffman's house in the morning and went to play tennis. It was so fun! Then we went home to shower and get ready to go out to lunch. We went to TGI Fridays. We'd never eaten there since we got married so we thought we'd try it out. We were not impressed with the food...however we did love having that time alone together.

We then went to Pizza Ranch and picked up a dessert to share with our children...cactus bread. Mmmm.

We picked up the kids and went home. We all enjoyed cactus bread and watched a movie together. It was a fabulous day!

Sterling ordered an awesome anniversary gift for the both of us even though we were planning on not doing gifts this year. We got health Polar bracelets and heart rate monitors. The bracelet tells you the time, how many calories you have burned that day, what your heart rate is, how many steps you have taken and how much more exercise you need to reach your daily goal.  It tracks so much information that you can look at online every day. It will show you how physically active or inactive you were throughout the day and even how well you sleep at night if you wear it to bed. I love it!

It reminds me constantly to stay active (which I mainly do anyway because of the kids and the house). The biggest thing, I think, is the calorie counter. It lets me know how many calories I am burning so that I may know how many calories not to exceed in my diet that day. My goal is to eat no more than 1800 a day.
If I eat eggs for breakfast and a salad for lunch, a 100 calories snack mid day, and whatever I want for dinner I can stay within that 1800. And if I do that every day I will lose weight.

Along with being active, moving, most of the day I do a ten minute workout and I reach my daily workout goal. I love that I only need to workout 10 mins a day. Eating healthy is the most crucial key to losing weight.


After 8 years together we have the perfect life. And we've loved the journey to get to where we are.  A month of so ago I heard a song on the radio and it became our family's theme song. It's called "Good Time" by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen. It's our song because we have so much fun just living life every day. We do fun things, even if very small, all the time. Playing Wii games together, going on hikes, going to the park, building forts, wrestling, reading books, jumping on bouncy house, playing with bunnies, playdough, dancing, etc.

Here's a link to Youtube to our song.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7HmzwI67ec


No comments:

Post a Comment