2014 Family

2014 Family

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

January

 Dressed for church. Athena wearing a gift from grandma Boren.



On December 31st my grandfather Ray passed away.
Tiffany took a trip alone to join the family for the funeral.
I flew to Vegas where dad and mom picked me up. We drove from there to AZ.

 Mesa, AZ temple
 My aunt Suzanne (my mom's only sister) with Grandma.


Aunt Suzanne married John when I was little. He was my favorite uncle.
 My mom with her family.
Ros, Keith, Doug, Deloris, Michael, Larry & Bradley.
 My family
 It is so weird to me that we smile for pictures at funerals. We were sad but we were happy. We were happy grandpa wasn't battling cancer anymore. Happy to be together too.
It was truly a blessing for me to be able to visit with grandma after so much time had passed. And to see my Ray family after so long.




Grandma was having stomach pains off and on that weekend. And she was sad. She said "I don't know what to do without him." He was her best friend.


 My sisters...all of them!!
My family all stayed in a place we rented from Air BNB online. It was a fun pool house they transformed into a house for renting out. Attached to a tennis court the kids loved playing on. And we got tennis rackets and balls from grandma's house. Moroni and Nephi and I love tennis. Dad does too.

 Adorable William
 We celebrated Corinna's birthday with a Tre Leches cake.
It was an amazing weekend with my family. We missed having David's family with us and having Isaiah! But the rest of us were there.

I went back to NV with my parents and stayed until I had been away from home a full week. Then I flew back.
It was a wonderful break for me. A break from Primary, preschool, my children and my home.
And Sterling did an amazing job being dad and housekeeper without me.
I was very glad to join my family once again though...my little family with Sterling. 


Athena's Birthday party 
A unicorn themed 4th birthday


 Homemade unicorn headbands. Made by Athena's mommy. Funny story...after making all of them Tiffany found some unicorn headbands at Walmart. In their Valentine's section, put up early of course, there were plenty of unicorn decorations and toys! But I had already planned out her party and did not need to purchase any of it! Ironic.



 Unicorn cake!

 The birthday girl!


 The friends!
 Julia Elliott, Onita Christensen, Athena Rose, Chloe Dvorak, Oaklie and Hailey Fletcher.
 Make a wish and blow out the candle...



 Rainbow ice cream (Sherbet) and strawberry cake.
 A pinata too?! Lucky!
In sharing time one week we learned about The Creation. To go along with it Tiffany put together refreshments to represent some of the amazing creations (fish, flowers, zebras).
She did not realize that it was actually fast Sunday! But with all the work put in...we served the refreshments anyway.

Grandma ended up in the hospital because of her stomach issues. She was there for about a week. Then she passed away. The funeral was held on February 3rd. 







No comments:

Post a Comment