2014 Family

2014 Family

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween fun and Athena hair cut

I took Athena to the hair salon and gave her a hair cut she'd been hoping for. I cut the boys' hair often and she never gets to have her hair cut. So...I took her for a cute new doo. 
When I asked her what she wanted and showed her some options online she said "I want my hair done like cat ears" lol. Her second choice was to have bangs and brown hair like me. This is what we ended up doing:
Box Elder is a small town just outside of Rapid City. They host an annual free pumpkin event for kids. We went this year. 
We even pulled some vegetables to take home.







 When I pulled out the halloween costume box Athena found Luke and Ty's old costumes. She had to try them on...
Aladdin (Luke's)
 Tin man (Tiberias)

 The kids were so excited to carve their pumpkins. They did a lot of the work themsevles.
 



 

Pajama day at school (pikachu jammies and spiderman jammies)





 Still loving my own hair:


 We went to a party next door. The Fletcher's invited us to their halloween party again this year. They always do it early, never on Halloween night.
 Then we had a kids' party the night before Halloween:
Ty, Athena, Parker and Luke playing BINGO.


 We had a bunch of different halloween themed games. Luke was in charge of teaching the games to all the guests and helping them with them. There was a prize bowl for any time someone won a game.
I was in charge of food. I made a candy corn popcorn mix at Athena's request. I made caramel apple slices but the caramel would not stick to the wet apple so that was a fail.
I baked finger foods for dinner. And the kids spent some time watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The party was from 4-7pm
 Onita, Athena and Conrad
 Luke, Onita, Athena, Bandr and Aldr, Conrad, Parker and Ty


 I made a tree on our stairwell wall for preschool decor.

 Grandma Boren sent the kids halloween foam kits. The kids had a blast putting them together and they turned out so cute! They are excited to do another kit next year.





 I made a new halloween wreath:









No comments:

Post a Comment