2014 Family

2014 Family

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween

On Halloween day Athena and I went to the school to help in the boys' class parties.
We went to Tiberias' party at 12:00. They made slime, painted and played with a sort of photo station.
 At 1:15 Luke's class party started:
They played Bingo, Pin the Nose on the Witch and a mummy race. I supplied a photo station with a backdrop, lighting and even props. The kids loved it! I took portraits of 1-4 kids at a time. They did tons of portraits. I edited them at home and will bring prints to school for the kids to keep.

Batman and Joker
 At 6pm on Halloween we hosted our last Halloween party for the year. The Stones and the Sheldons came over. Desyrae and her mom Vanessa came. Desyrae had actually spent the afternoon with us before the party. And I met her mom for the first time that evening.

Desyrae is how Ty got over Nora Jean. Nora Jean happened to trick or treat at our door that night and Desyrae was here. Nora Jean is 7 years old and I have no idea how she felt about Ty not being her boyfriend anymore. Hopefully she is too young to care.

I made a pretzel bread spider with chili cheese (and cream cheese) dipping sauce. The Sheldons brought Druceal's delicious pumpkin soup! The Stones brought a layered bean dip with cute spiders on top (olives with legs). And I made spaghetti then dyed it green.

We had an awesome dry ice cauldron as the center of the kitchen table.
 We ate dinner while halloween music played in the background. We went  trick or treating in our neighborhood. I think Luke looks miserable in this pic because he froze on the walk then we did this portrait right when they got back.
The kids went on a scavenger hunt where I hid clues around the house with a treat surprise at the end. 
We did not watch a movie after that because it had gotten late. The party ended at 8:30 with school being the next day. My kids went to bed at 9pm after doing some post party cleanup.



We voted for our costume contests. Cutest costume winner- Athena. 
Most Creative costume winner-Lillian.
 Scariest costume winner - Logan
Coolest costume winner- Bruce

Best overall costume winner for the trophy - Ster and I! I was very happy to get it. The Sheldons have this plastic skeleton trophy that gets passed around. The winner of the costume contest holds onto it for a year then returns it at the halloween party. After 4 years, I think, we finally won! I will display it happily for a year or until we get orders to move away...whichever come first.




No comments:

Post a Comment