2014 Family

2014 Family

Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentine's Day and Green Belts!

This month was Valentine's day and will be Sterling's 34th birthday.
We are trying not to obtain more "stuff" as we get ready to move. And I am trying to learn to live Trim Healthy Mama (which includes eating no sugar). So it's tricky.
The preschoolers did give me some awesome chocolate (containing sugar) which I did cheat for. So worth it!
The preschooler's had a wonderful valentine's party on Vday. Luke and Ty had valentine class parties. Ty's class was a pancake breakfast and party at the beginning of school. Athena and I attended that before our own preschool class. We stopped by Luke's class too but their party wouldn't happen until the end of the day.




Noah gave me a chocolate rose. I gave my preschoolers all little plush animals:


Athena and her classmates got to experience their first Valentine's party with: heart themed party games, decorating a valentine collection bag, handing out valentines, enjoying the received valentine treats and having a themed snack. I gave them a healthy but fun snack because I knew they would be eating a lot of candy by the end. Valentine robots containing organic apple juice, apple sauce and stickers. Hannah had helped me create the robots while she was here.

Sterling had given me two Cadbury caramel eggs while Mom was here. I thoroughly enjoyed one immediately and saved the second for Valentine's day.

Sterling had to work all day (which never happens) on Valentine's day. But we had cuddled in bed before getting up that day. And he fixed my van's lack of windshield wiper fluid. Then I spent the day with kids and no husband.

On Saturday the 16th Luke and Ty received their green belts in Ju Jitsu! It had taken a long time! Longer than most kids take. And for Luke especially it was a truly difficult achievement. Luke is not coordinated or athletic. But he practiced and practiced until he earned, truly earned, his green belt! For Ty is comes more naturally but...he doesnt love it. So he is unmotivated. And so it took a long time.
I video taped their tests and all their great moves.

It was such a relief to me to have them receive it before moving! A weight off my shoulders!
We celebrated that day by going to Cold Stone's for ice cream. There was a small blizzard outside as we drove there. We wondered if we were going to get in trouble out there on the road. But it turned out fine. The blizzard ended before we returned home. Desyrae came to celebrate with us. She is also in ju jitsu.














No comments:

Post a Comment