2014 Family

2014 Family

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Final SD Girl's Night Out


 March 1st I held my last girls' night out in South Dakota. Sterling booked Jenn Christensen and I an awesome room at Staybridge Suite ( a newish hotel in town). 

We started the night with dinner at Applebees. Mmmmm. The food was great and we had fun chatting and catching up. Even though we are in the same church ward and live in the valley we don't hang out enough...Jennifer, Druceal Sheldon, Melinda Stone and I.



Outside was snowy and cold. The day had been the warmest of the whole week. I think the high was 17degrees. The entire month of February was relentless. We want it to be over.

We all drove to the hotel and I checked in. We put our stuff in the hotel room which has a kitchen! The suite is amazing! Then we changed into swim suits.
The hot tub is a nice size but the pool really small. And we had to share with a group of rowdy kids. After their supervising adults bailed on the them the kids started throwing chairs into the water. So, we tried to control them but then we left.

We were able to enjoy the hot tub and chat for a while before we gave up and went upstairs though.

We dressed into pajamas and pulled out all the snacks we brought: trim healthy Thin Mints, Strawberry cake and cookie dough cheesecake. Licorice, fruits and vegetables, chocolate nut clusters.

We hung out and then watched a movie: Because I Said So. Then we hung out, chatting, more. It was about midnight when Melinda said goodnight and headed home. Druceal stayed until 2pm when I couldn't stay awake any more.

It was such a great night!

This morning Jen and I got dressed and ate a fancy delicious complimentary breakfast before packing up and heading to Walmart. We just made a quick shop stop before going home on the slick,snowy roads.

The hotel stay was a review because my family will be there for a week pretty soon. When we move out of our house we will be staying in the Staybridge Suites.

I will still see my friends a few more times before we leave SD but it was a needed girl's night.

No comments:

Post a Comment