2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, March 8, 2019

Move out of the house

 
This is a stressful time.
We found a buyer for the house. Someone who appreciates the improvements we have put into the house such as the castle bed built in. Sterling couldnt relax though. They can still back out or demand we do changes that cost too much and we end up not selling to them.

I was hopeful and optimistic.

Wednesday our belongings were packed up. Thursday they were loaded into trucks and hauled away.
Wednesday we moved into the Staybridge hotel. It is awesome! With a kitchen, free laundry machines, delicious breakfast and even free dinner Sun-Wed!

Wednesday evening we went to our final Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts. With a How to Train Your Dragon theme the dinner was a fun social. Pizza dinner and donut dessert.

Jenn Christensen brought her kids to join my kids at the swimming pool Thursday after school. One hour of fun swim play. Then I took my kids to the school for a celebration of Dr Seuss' birthday.

Thursday night we found out the list of things that need to be done to sell to this buyer. They need us to replace the entire roof! That is about a $10,000 project. Plus, it is the wrong time of year to replace a roof!

The roof is fine. There is a spot that was damaged before we moved in. A professional roofer patched it up and we've had no problems. Unfortunately it is a T lock shingled roof and when T locks get damaged they are not meant to be patched up. They are supposed to be fully replaced...the whole roof.
So our buyer's insurance is claiming they wont cover her to buy this house unless we redo the whole roof!

SO we're looking into it and into our options. So far we've discovered that some insurance companies will cover T lock singles but might not with the repair that has been done. One problem is that the repair looks bad. It doesn't look professional (it never did). And that makes it seem like it wont last.

We can either add the cost of the roof fix to the price of selling the house and have a hard time finding a buyer or make the buyer pay for half of the roof replacement. Or, not sell the house and get a manager so we can rent it out instead.
We are not prepared to sell this house and make no money off it. We were planning of getting a good chunk of money from this house. So, we are not selling unless we make money.

Today is Friday. Athena and I spent the morning at our house cleaning. Jenn, Conrad and Eliza came to keep us company and help out.
The house is clean and almost empty. It has some paints and cleaning supplies and bottled water.
This evening we are going to have dinner and hang out at the Sheldon's house.

We are enjoying being at the hotel! The stress is not going away though. And time is going fast!


                      I wanted to get my eyebrows touched up before moving. So my microblader squeezed me in. It was more work than I thought it would be. She did a lot and my brows look great!!
But, I am not allowed to sweat on my brows or get them wet for two weeks! This is tricky. And chlorine is very bad for my eyebrows. So watching my kids at the pool I have to be very careful. The color could come off my brows and that would be a lot of money wasted.
It was only $150 for the touchup as opposed to like $350 for the initial microblade job I had done a few years ago. 
I love my eyebrows!




No comments:

Post a Comment