2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, October 4, 2019

The Kids Do Amazing in School

Last school year I gave up. I gave up my stress and my fear of Lachoneus' lack of motivation to learn or do well in school. I gave up on him learning and succeeding in school. I had hit a breaking point and turned a corner.

Then this school year started. Smooth sailing the first week because the kids were not expected to really work in school.
Now we are ending the first quarter of school and things are going great!
Sterling works with Luke to make sure he is prepared for quizes and getting the homework done on time. As well as bribing him to turn everything in once it's finished.
Sterling is teaching Luke how to study! How to learn and how to memorize too.

Ster has also taught Tiberias how to learn his spelling words. This was something I thought not possible. Ty has the worst spelling I've ever seen.
Every week Ty has a list of spelling words and every Friday he knows how to spell every word correctly!

Sterling is performing miracles! I could not help my boys. Thank goodness I have Ster!

Mid November Sterling will be leaving town...for six weeks! He has to go for training since he is now a Technical Sergeant. He will be gone until almost Christmas!

And I...I will be responsible for keeping the boys caught up in school. Aaaaghh! Sterling has to teach me his ways and I will pray I can succeed while he is away.

Athena is also doing great in school. But, I knew she would. When it comes to behavior she could improve. But I expect her to be a child...like all the others. I don't expect perfection.  She gets a green or blue level of behavior most days. Those are good and great. But perfect if purple and she has yet to achieve that. And behaving "not cool" is yellow. She has received yellow two or three times.

I am very proud of my children but mostly I am proud of my husband who does so much for this family! Who provides strength where I am weak.




No comments:

Post a Comment