2014 Family

2014 Family

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve

The Sunday before Christmas I baked beautiful holiday themed cookies of different kinds. I delivered three plates on Monday. One to the Kartchners who were happily decorating gingerbread houses.
One to the Skateblunds who were not home so I left it on the doorstep. Sister Skabelund had brought me cookies when I was sick in bed a little bit ago.
And third to the Andersons who live down the street and are pretty new to the ward. Their kids were so happy to see my kids and I there to wish them a merry Christmas and leave treats.

Christmas Eve's eve Sterling and I let friends sleep over. Brandon and Lumen stayed at our house for a sleepover. Brandon slept in Ty's bed and Lumen slept on Athena's bedroom floor. Typically we would make our child take the floor and give the bed to the friend...but Athena's bed it so high up. Taller than a normal bunk bed. I didn't want to worry about Lumen falling off the ladder if she had to use the restroom in the middle of the night.

We let the kids play with friends until 10am. Then it was time to tidy up and get ready for brunch.
Athena fell off a chair and made a big bump on her forehead. It really hurt! I told her that she needed to be more careful because I was not ready to take her to the hospital on Christmas Eve!

For Christmas Eve brunch we had two families join us; The Parks from our ward and the Anderla's from next door.
I made homemade cinnamon rolls. Sterling made turkey bacon and eggs. I also provided min doughnuts at Tiberias' request.
The Anderla's brought homemade cakes: a raspberry streussel that was amazing and a coffee cake.
The Parks brought homemade eggnog. Aaron Parks' specialty. It was the first time Ster or I had tried homemade eggnog! It was good!

We only had room at our table for the adults. So I spread out  table cloth on the livingroom floor to act as a picnic blanket. We left the food in the kitchen and dished up buffet style. It was awesome!

We had a great time hanging out and eating delicious foods with friends!




After that I cleaned up a bit then sent the kids outside to play. Sterling and I rested in bed before taking the kids to play tennis. I let Luke stay home because he was getting sick again. But we took Brandon and Lumen with us.
Sterling and I played against each other. Brandon and Lumen and Ty played each other. And Athena listened to music on my phone while plying with toys she had brought.

It was a little colder than I had hoped outside. And Sterling was stiff from all the walking and running he's been doing lately. He couldn't run to catch the tennis ball very much.

Then we had our nativity to act out. I had this idea of encouraging all the Roundy's to make nativity videos to share...even if they combined families who live near each other. I thought it could be fun and connect us as a family.
So I pulled out all my scripture time outfits I made one year. And we dressed up. We made a video and it was great! We had fun. We were ready to be done. Sadly, the sound did not work!! It was a great video with no sound!
As we were getting ready to redo the video Athena fell again! She hit her forehead again and hurt her arm! I was mad! lol. I told her to be more careful! She usually does daredevil stuff and doesn't get hurt.

She was sad and hurting when we recorded the second video and I kept saying "angels" when I meant to say "shepherds". But that's the one we and to use.

Right after that we let the kids open Christmas Eve pajamas...from Grandma Roundy. I made celery soup. A healthy and light dinner after such a lunch!

The Kartchner family dropped by to play us a song with bells! It was so great! Sadly, all of my family was upstairs and they didn't come down! I enjoyed it though. The Kartchners are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment