2014 Family

2014 Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

13th Wedding Anniversary

 




This year for our wedding anniversary we decided not to take any trips out into Japan. Instead to save that money and stay home. It is the hottest time of the year and COVID 19 is a higher risk than ever in Japan now.

Our anniversary fell on a Monday, which is convenient because Sterling doens't work Monday anymore. We ended up having a full day of enjoyment. In the morning Sterling and Athena took me to the elementary school to drop off holiday store supplies to the PTO room. I had ordered them on Oriental Trading online and they arrived quicker than I had anticipated. Then they sat taking up lots of space under our stairs. So, I wanted to move them out of my house. I was so happy to get that floor space back for future needs ...or to just leaves bare!

Athena went over to her friend's house (Luke Wolffe) to play with him and his brother in their kid pool. It is a bigger pool than what we had this summer. 

Athena stayed there while the boys stayed home and Sterling and I went on base shopping. Just our typical shopping.

We ended up getting Sterling an unplanned anniversary gift while at the BX. He always wanted a good quality mountain bike. The BX had one that was a good deal. So, I convinced him to spoil himself and get it. He needs it! He bought a cheap bike and it creaks when he rides it. It cant hold his weight, I guess. He feels like he is going to break the bike.  I wanted him to get a good bike so he will be happy to bike from one side of the base to another...or in the fall and winter bike to work! Get more exercise and fresh air.

The bike didn't come with pedals! And the BX doesn't have any pedals in stock at all! Weird.

So Ster has to order some online and wait. LOL

 

We took the bike home and eventually put it under the stairs in that floor space we had just cleared! Of course.

Then we went out to lunch at my favorite restaurant...Dana Chula. My creamy chicken curry was the best thing I have ever tasted. Like Heaven. I couldn't explain it!

The giant nan bread was amazing even though I ordered "plain"! It was anything but plain! Mmmmm.

 


The boys went to the natatorium as soon as we got home. Danielle who lives across the parkinglot took her kids (Brandon and Lumen) and our boys to the pool. Athena was taken over there and left with Danielle as well. So, we had hours of Athena being with friends. And during the pool time we had the whole house to ourselves...Ster and I.

We watched tv, cuddled and more...

Once the kids were home we had to celebrate our anniversary with them as well. We took them to a french pastry shop just outside the base gate we live near. This shop was busy! People driving in and out all the time as we drove up. Luckily they were leaving as quickly as customers were also coming and we were able to get a parking spot.

We each chose a dessert. Got them packaged to take them home. After I paid I was trying to put my yen back in my purse but I dropped 100yen. This is about $1.00 American. It rolled under a pastry shelf and I could not reach it. A little Japanese boys came over looking as if he was ready to help. So I motioned for him to get down there and get it. He did and I was grateful!

Ster had taken the kids out to buckle up in the car while I paid for the treats. By the time I got to the car the kids and Ster all had popsicles in hand. A Japanese man who was leaving the shop stopped to give them all free popsicles...even one for me. That was so sweet.

We went home, ate zoodles for dinner then enjoyed our desserts. It was a wonderful day!






 

In one year we are suppose to be in America with our families celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary (a year early) with a vow renewal ceremony. However, there is a chance that at that time we might not yet be able to travel back to America. If COVID isnt under control by then. We might end up delaying a year and celebrating our 15th actually at our 15th year. I would be sad. I miss our families so much and the children ask to go visit their grandparents.

Sterling and I have had 13 happy years so far together! Traveling and experiencing the world. As well as raising children together. 

We've had "bumps in the road."This year we had hurdles to overcome in our marriage. We've always been happy in our marriage but there were problems beneath the surface that we've faced and dealt with now and then. And it makes it better overall. It's hard to go through. But it's worth it.

We are in love. We have created our perfect world in our family and in our home. We are truly happy.

P.S. The day after our anniversary I saw garden decor that I had wanted ...now on sale. So I bought myself three pieces as my anniversary gift. The funny thing is that we had decided we were not going to get anniversary gifts because we didn't know what we wanted. Then we both got something in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment