2014 Family

2014 Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Crazy Pool Day For Friends

 This morning when I woke up I was not planning to go to the pool today.

I did school with the kids then I went shopping. Tiberias wanted a play date with a new friend in the ward..Julian (Jay) Brown. So I set one up for today. 1-3pm at my house. Then I got home from shopping and looked at my calendar. It read "Daycamp 1-3" and I remembered...today is pool day for daycamp and I am in charge!

So I quickly confirmed that that was still the plan. Then I told my kids we would be going to the pool in one hour. I checked with Julian's mom to make sure that was okay. I was now taking Julian, my kids, Escher and Maggie to the pool. Fine, that's a small enough group.

But then...three neighbor kids came over in their swim suits holding their towels. Brandon, Lumen and Ethan. Danielle was planning to take them and my boys to the pool at 1. That's fine. We'll meet them over there.

BUT then...Danielle was feeling sick so the kids hoped I would take them! I didn't have enough seats in my van for all nine kids! So I sent the oldest to walk to the pool and meet us there. I waited for some children at my house then we drove over to the pool. I was the only adult watching them all!

We played in the water for about an hour and twenty minutes before I made them leave. I packed all of them into my van...two without seatbelts...sitting upon each other. It was a short drive home so I decided to pack them all in there. They appreciated the ride because it was the hottest day that we are suppose to have all year! Killer hot.

The kids had had a blast! I then fed a snack to my kids, Julian, Escher and Maggie at my house before they went home at 3.
I conquered that obligation!

No comments:

Post a Comment