2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, October 25, 2020

October, My favorite Time of Year

In the kitchen I added to my fairy collection by creating a Japanese house and yard. I found some small Japanese doll furniture that inspired this addition.





My Oma Ford wants a nativity from Japan for her nativity collection. The thing is that the Japanese don't really make nativities. It's not in their culture. It's not a popular thing here. Christianity itself isn't popular here. 
So I found a kokeshi doll at the Japanese antique shop, for a great price, and painted a nativity on it myself.





 
Christina Parks had a baby shower during COVID 19. We were outdoors and had hand sanitizer. The party favor was mini bottles of scented hand sanitizer...so cute.

The PTO can't do much this year because of the COVID restrictions. But we can still support the teachers. We supply coffee for the teacher's lounge and refreshments for all teacher trainings.


My door mat on the front porch was worn out! It needed a makeover. I painted it and it turned out cute.
 This year I am doing a tree for all three holidays (Halloween, October and Christmas). The Halloween tree I bought decorations at the Daiso and made them into ornaments.




I found a super cute Lolitta style dress at the base thrift shop for $5! I love it!






I am so happy it is October! I love Halloween! I love having the excuse to dress however I want all month long.







During General Conference we tried a few new treats. One was Kirby gummies. Kirby is popular in Japan.We also tried sweet potatoe kit kats!

Wearing my long hair.
Before it gets too cold we went as a family to the obstacle course park not far from base. So we biked over! The kids were nervous. But we made it to the park and they love the park. Unfortunately it was mosquito country and we didn't have bug spray! So we didn't get to stay long.

No comments:

Post a Comment