2014 Family

2014 Family

Monday, April 6, 2020

April Fool's Day

April Fool's was a Wednesday and we were doing at home school that week. 

I prepared a prank for each child to play on one other child in our home. 

Athena pranked Tiberias with a brownie prank. She told her brothers she has some brownies so I told the boys I bought brownies and she has them in a box. When they opened the box they were brown cut outs of the letter Ee. Luke had done this prank before so it was specifically for Ty. Ty pranked us in return by actually tossing a brown Ee in his mouth and chewing as a reaction to the prank on him. hahaha

I don't have photos of the pranks but I do have videos.

Tiberias pranked Athena by giving her doughnut tree seeds so she can plant her own doughnut tree. They were Cheerios he placed in a seed pack that showed a silly doughnut tree. She is old enough that she never believed it could be real. But she got a kick out of it.

Luke pranked the other two by drawing faces on the eggs in the eggcarton. I told the kids to get me some eggs...which is normal in our house. And after that fun surprise we pranked Ster by gluing eyes on many objects in the refrigerator. Ster came to start making dinner , opened the fridge, grabbed his items, closed the fridge, never realizing the food was looking at him! The kids and I watched as he didn't notice. Then Athena told Ster what he missed. So he opened the fridge and looked around and saw the prank. It was super funny that he didn't even realize the milk and cheese were watching him!

Later that day the kids made joke books. I printed simple jokes from the internet and each child had different jokes than the others.




In my neighborhood a lot of the kids are already kind of quarantined. We just don't see a lot of kids playing outside anymore. But on the school side of East side of base there are kids running around playing like normal. There are just a lot more children over there.
So I feel more advanced in the COVID protection stages than the parents over there...because my kids go outside and there's nobody to play with half the time.

Ster said he wants the kids to start wearing masks and sanitizing their hands. The kids are no longer suppose to go to the grocery store or BX on base. But they are allowed at playgrounds. So for their safety and other childrens we will take precautions at playgrounds.
We took Athena's friend Elsie with us to a park and I made the kids wear masks. What if we have the virus already and have not seen symptoms yet? I'd hate to be the family spreading it around.











The kids don't mind wearing the masks. It's kind of fun for them. Luke wears them unnecessarily in the house! lol

My wigs came in a few weeks ago. I was nervous to wear them in public. Everyone around knows me or atleast knows that I have short hair. Would it be weird to wear a wig? And when would I wear it? I only go walking, tennis, grocery shopping and to pick up the mail.

But my friends Charisse and Nate said I should absolutely just be me. And I tried it out one day. I went to the post office. I had a few remarks from people who loved it. And I got a compliment from stranger which is rare. So I now have the confidence to wear my beautiful wig.













No comments:

Post a Comment