2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter weekend

Spring Break was nice. We had some warm days and some cold ones. We are restricted more now on what we can and cannot do because of the Corona Virus. It is now in the area...outside of the military base. So, we are not allowed to leave the base except to get essentials. We have to wear a mask when near people...like at the post office or going to someone's front door to meet them.

I made a small birthday cake for Brandon's big sister Emma. Her mom hired me during Spring Break.
A delicious strawberry flavored cake...



I was not planning on making any masks. We have a couple boxes of disposable and we can wear them a couple times each. But Ster needed a washable mask for work. One that matches his work uniform. So he gave me an old work shirt and I learned to make masks. I didn't have the thin elastic so I had to learn to make the tie masks ...which is much more work on my part. A lot of cutting and ironing and sewing.

Quite a few women on base have taken up making masks for the community. Selling them. But I couldn't do that. I worked on masks all week and then gave them away for free. I am sick of making masks! haha
Here are a few of the ones I made...

Friday was our 1 year in Japan...our Japaniversary. We celebrated by having cake. The kids decorated it and when Ster came home for dinner we enjoyed it as a dessert.


Saturday we had an Easter candy hunt in our house. We also dyed eggs. The kids enjoyed that.
















That afternoon I took the kids to the movie theater. We biked there. Athena was on the back of our new (old) tandem bicycle. The Kartchners are moving away once this pandemic clears up. They gave us their tandem attachment. Athena and I tried it out on the way to the theater and back. It's fun for her! I think it will be good for taking her to Showa Park in the future. Because it will be a safer way to ride through the busy streets we occasionally have to on the way there. And it will be less tiring for Athena.

At the theater... I was surprised they are still open. I expected them to close it down the day we wanted to go see Trolls World Tour. But we went and enjoyed the movie!
Every other row was roped off. So that if someone sneezed or coughed it would hopefully not get on the person in front of them.
Everyone was wearing masks.

I gave the kids popcorn and water. Some of our friends were also at the movie. Athena loved the musical film so much she said it is her new favorite movie! It was fun.

That evening we went to the Kartchner's house for a fun night. Ster and I brought hot dogs, buns and smores. The Kartchners supplied lots of sides. We had dinner and hung out. We roasted the hot dogs on sticks in the backyard with their electric fire pit. And later had smores that way too.
The kids stayed up late that night. They had such a wonderful day. And Ster and I really love hanging out with Nathan and Charisse.

Sunday (today) is Easter. The kids found giant golden eggs in place of easter baskets. They were hiding around the house. Once the kids found their eggs they saw the goodies inside. Luke's bunny was cookies and cream. Ty's was a basketball chocolate crisp bunny. And Athena's a sour watermelon choc bunny. Fancy new electric toothbrushes were mom's excitement. I am praying this helps the kids have cleaner teeth each time they brush.






We watched a session of General Conference during lunch. Ster and I started working on a colorful Disney puzzle together.
Later we had a fun Easter lesson about the Savior.







Tomorrow it's back to virtual school. Ster is not working tomorrow so he will help teach and guide the kids.

Sterling has two coworkers with birthday this week. Ster asked me to make two small cakes. So, I end up making a small cake to decorate every couple weeks lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment