2014 Family

2014 Family

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Best Time of the Year at Yokota

Athena has made a best friend with a boy who lives in the building behind ours. Kylen has a dog named Whiskey. Athena and Kylen play with the dog and play in our yards. It's nice because Athena stays close and is easy to find lately. She use to like going over to a playground down the street this way or that way and sometimes she would be really hard to find.

Tiberias has reconnected with Porter. A friend he liked before the school year began. But in school, in the same classroom, they kind of stopped being friends. And Ty became best friends with Brandon. But since Brandon has been in lock down for a month Ty has started playing more with Porter. And Escher. Ty can walk over, rollerblade over or bike over. Although, he doesn't like biking because he is scared of getting hit by a car.

Luke is super busy with school all the time. And his closest friend is Ethan Strickland but Ethan is in lockdown. His mom won't let him hangout with friends.
I also reached out to Scott Faggard but his mom never responded so I am guessing he is in lock down as well. School and family, no friends.

The Kartchners have been the family we've been hanging out with. Church at their house some Sundays. And parties.

Yesterday Miles, Porter and Dalyn came over to play with my three kids. They had a lot of fun! Then we went over to their house for church today. Sacrament meeting and then the grownups chat while the kids teach each other. Then the kids give us a sample of what they learned in class. Then we hang out...the kids play and the adults talk.
Today was fast Sunday and we had a break the fast after church. I brought sloppy joe's and Ster brought Welch Cakes.
I told them "You have to try one even if you don't like raisins. It's the only thing my kids and I like raisins in!'' Everyone loved them! They couldn't stop eating them. "What makes these so delicious?" Miles wondered aloud. Then Brother Kartchner started saying it every time he grabbed another.

The Kartchners supplied pasta salad, leafy salad, chicken and vegetables.
The kids had a blast.
At At first Athena said she wanted to go home...I'm not sure what made her uncomfortable. But I told her we were not going home and I asked if she was sad or if something bad happened. She just wanted to go home. Which is weird. So I told her to stay with me ...she didn't. She went to watch the birds. Two parakeets loos in a bedroom. Beautiful birds. Then she played legos and had fun.
Ty had a blast! Luke sat bored for most of the time. Near the end he was running around the other boys having fun. So, overall, they had a blast. :)

Yesterday I went on a walk in the morning with Sarah Auna. She gave me some good ideas of how to make my yard more fun. Set up a little tent. Maybe let the kids sleep outside.
Move the swing that was up in the tree but is hiding so neighborhood kids can't leave their germs on it, to the back porch. That way only those closest to us will feel comfortable coming to swing. The rule is only if Athena, Ty or Luke is with them.

I also bought a kiddie pool and two softballs.
It was such a fun Saturday! The kids played in the hose and the kiddie pool with water guns and spray bottles too. They played Tball in our yard. Swung on the swing they have missed.

It is the best time of year here. It has warmed up! But it's not too hot and humid yet. People are outside enjoying the weather all day and half the night too. A lot of family fires and kids in their swim suits getting wet and outdoor movies projected onto their houses. Beautiful time of year!




 
 My Barbie came in the mail! I bought a homemade Japanese Barbie sized dress from the craft shop on base for about $7. Then I ordered an Asian looking doll off Amazong. Put them together in my Japanese cabinet in the livingroom...beautiful!
 










No comments:

Post a Comment