2014 Family

2014 Family

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Independance Day


I tried something new and it turned out to be awesome! Spray painted stars on my lawn. Red, white, blue and gold! Then the kids made rockets which I hung on my front door.





That evening we went to what we call "The Hidden park" to set up for our celebration. We brought with us a projector, a screen to hook onto a fence, our movie collection, camp chairs, Hostess snacks, glow sticks and an excitement to see the fireworks and hang out with friends.
Our next door neighbors the Mendoza's came joined us. The Auna's joined us. And the Hull's too.
We also ran into Athena's friend Luke and his little brother Logan. They were excited to hang out together.

We socialized a bit which was nice because we don't go to church anymore or have as many socials as we used to before COVID became a big problem.
The park got crowded with Eastsiders and they enjoyed watching the movie with us while we waited for the fireworks show. Now, when I say "crowded" that means maybe 10 families. Even though it was a small park it wasn't like we were afraid of losing kids in the crowd! haha. And driving home afterward was super easy. I know a lot of families drive to the South side of base to try and get a better view of the fireworks but I think realistically all they get is a traffic jam drive home afterward. Because, the base isn't that large to begin with. We can see the show just fine from the East Side park.

It was a beautiful show! I think it was better than last year's. But Ster said he didn't find it impressive. I can't figure out why.








I used to have to take my pwn photos of all events and adventures I attend. Now I sometimes just enjoy my life and plan on using whatever photos others share on Facebook. Facebook has changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment