2014 Family

2014 Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Luke Celebrates 12 Years

 Luke is getting older. He had a party without homemade games or decorations. It was awesome! Video gaming is what he loves. As well as his friends, ice cream and brownies!















We had bug repellent torches in the back yard and bug repellent bracelets on because the mosquitos in the evening are bad.
We had camp chairs and the projector. We put up a screen and had an outdoor party.

My parties are almost always successful! I think the only ones that have not been are the couple of times when nobody showed up! haha. Because I chose the wrong date and time, I think. Everyone was busy.

The reason my parties are so successful is three beings...myself, my husband and my Heavenly Father. I do the planning and decision making. I do anything artsy or decorative. And Sterling does the hosting and support. He does anything I need him to do. And he is there, at the party, helping! Making it all run smoothly.
Then there's Heavenly Father...He makes sure the weather is what I need it to be, that people show up and that everyone has a great time, especially the person being honored. In this case, Luke.

I was really worried about the weather this time. It had rained every day for like a week and was expected to rain every day for another two weeks, I think. The only day it didn't rain was on Luke's birthday! It spit on us a tiny bit now and then throughout the day and during the party. But it never even got to "sprinkling". If it had we would have had to move the party into the house and use the tv instead of the projector and screen.

We had a three hour video game party in our backyard. It turns out Luke can't handle that much socializing...even during video gaming. He did disappear to his room to play non video games, alone. Ster discovered him and made him go back to his party. BUT...Luke loved his party.

We served ice cream and all you can eat brownies halfway through the party. Luke ate lots of brownies! I thought for sure he would get sick. I don't think he ever did though.
I was a little worried about the guests going home sick from too much sugar. lol

Luke opened his gifts during the last hour of the party. And because I made too much batches of brownies I sent home a bag of them as the party favor...intended to share with their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment