2014 Family

2014 Family

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Say Yes to the Dress/"I Still Do"

In one year Ster and I are planning to celebrate our love and our marriage and our commitment by renewing our vows. "I Still Do" is the theme.

There are things I didn't have money for the first time we got married. And I want to have some of those things this time around...the flowery arch outdoors for instance.

I want a new dress too. You know I love dresses and getting new ones! Unfortunately, finding a dress online that I love for under $150 has turned out to be impossible. I tried finding dresses that happen to be white but those are few and far between as well.

I did find one that was super cute, though not perfect, for like $50. So, I ordered it. I knew it could take 3-6 months because it was coming from China. And I knew that it might not fit right or look great on me. So, I need a year to figure out the dress.

It took about three months and I was so anxious and excited for it to arrive! Finally, it came on Monday!
I opened it up and pulled it out and there was a strong smell...of fish! This dress was packaged near fresh fish, I bet! But the smell doesn't seem so fresh anymore. lol

I tried the dress on and it was too tight. I need to lose a little weight and fat to fit this dress. But, this was my plan anyway. If I have the dress then I have to fit in the dress. So, I will lose the weight and keep it off because otherwise the dress just won't work.

Do I love the dress? No. It is pretty cheap materials. And I don't love the lace style on me. It was cute online but not so much on me.
As I was looking in the mirror at myself in the dress Sterling walked in! It was lunch time on a weekday and I didn't expect him home! He likes the dress. He really likes it on me even though it's cheap made.

What I would change: I wanted my dress to be shorter. This one is floor length...a ball gown. Which is beautiful but...I'm not a real bride. I am just renewing my vows. So, I would like it to be short enough for me to dance and move around easily in.
And the top half's style isn't what I've dreamed of. But if I remove the lace it is what I want. Yet, too sexy. Ster and I love it but...I couldn't wear it at this event with our families.
So, I think I have to settle. I have a year to decide if I am going to make any changes. Shorten the dress or anything. And after the ceremony I can remove the lace and make it super sexy. Then we can do portraits or something that we won't share with our families.



This is my new diet plan "Say Yes to the Dress." The dress is my motivation. And I feel confident that I can lose the weight in the next three months.
I have been learning how to lose weight my whole life and I finally have the knowledge and experience. I just need the motivation to stick to it more than two weeks.

I will eat bread only at dinner. I will eat healthy food as much as I want (fruits and vegetables) all day. I will cut out the junk food and sugars. Dinner will be the only time I should have dairy or carbs. No food after dinner.
I will allow myself one sugar free candy a day. And one dessert night a week. Sunday's I will make a dessert. Sterling will be losing weight along with me.


It will take a month for me to get back into good healthy eating habits. Then another month or two to lose the weight. By that point I will be use to healthy eating and making those good choices. And hopefully I can keep it up from then on and fit in my dress or even be too small for my dress by next summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment