2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's day

I am having an amazing mother's day!


Sterling let me sleep in and once I was awake the children brought me gifts as I lay in bed. A jeweled hair comb (clip), patriotic owl oven mitts, patriotic owl pot holder and matching hand towels. 
I also received a beautiful new shirt from Sterling. 
I love them all ...fore I chose them myself the week prior. 

Ster made german pancakes for breakfast and later he made a breakfast dinner as well. It consisted of waffles, sausage, eggs, strawberries and blueberries. Mmmm.


We went to church a few minutes early to get some Mother's day pictures.








In sacrament meeting the talks were based on mothers and families. The primary sang mother loving songs. Then in 2nd hour I did my nursery lesson about being happy and mother's. How we can help other people be happy by smiling at them and being kind. And how wonderful our mothers are to us.
We decorated flower holders with stickers then picked out flowers for our mothers and placed them inside. They turned out beautiful.

3rd hour Sterling and a few other fathers came into nursery so that all the women in the ward could spend the last hour of church at a mothers day party in the gym. The bishopric provided a special lunch and social hour. It was delicious and we women had a splendid time.
The tables were showered with chocolate candies and the buffet table had an assortment of desserts as well.  What a relaxing hour! The bishopric went a step further by overseeing the event and attending to us ladies by offering us more drink and more dessert. To top it all off...there were priesthood guards outside the gym doors ensuring that no children would be able to crash our party for any reason.


Our bishopric rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment