2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, July 22, 2016

Boren Activities

Wednesday evening we met up with James, Roslyn, Eliza, Alissa and her kids at Rock Canyon park for dinner. It is a beautiful park! With a view of the city.
We had a delicious picnic of fried chicken, grapes, chips, rolls and more. We were in the shade of a pavilion with a large group (A family reunion). They were very friendly and were celebrating a birthday with cake too. They invited our kids to join them in pvc pipe marshmallow fight.
Dad and Ster played Horseshoes. The kids played on the playground. We visited and enjoyed the evening.
























Thursday we went up to Salt Lake to the Hoggle Zoo. The animals were great. And the kids loved the splash park too (in the center of the zoo). We ate lunch and let the kids play in the water to beat the heat.
We went to the bird show. It was fun when the birds flew down close to us and we felt the wind from their wings.

Corinna called Mom while Alissa and I were with her. So we were able to talk to her for a few minutes.








 









 Bird show (so fun and funny)









 Water park area








































We went to Chubbz and Eliza's apartment to watch a movie/nap. We watched Lilo and Stitch the first movie and then the second movie. We ate dinner there. Then we took Eliza to Provo with us.

That night Eliza stayed in Provo at the Roundy's house because we were going hiking early the next morning.

We left Provo at 5:30am on Dad's request. Mom was going to watch all the kids that day. Ster, myself, Alissa, Dad and Eliza went to hike Mt Timponogos. The hike was insane!
The day turned out to be beautiful!! The hike was gorgeous! But we didn't think we were going to survive.

I (Tiffany) actually hyperventilated. I had never done that before.
 I didn't stop to catch my breath and we were rising in elevation. It was during the first half of the hike that it happened.
It felt like my throat was getting smaller and smaller. It became harder and harder to breath. Until I could barely breath at all. I was gasping for breaths. I stopped in my tracks and started crying and I tried to get air. I tried to drink a sip of water but could not do that because I could not breath enough for even that. It was scary.
After a few moments of not hiking I was able to breath enough to take a sip of water. That helped. So I kept taking sips until I was able to breath a bit better.
My air flow was still restricted a bit. We walked a little ways up to where the others were resting and waiting. We took a break there. Once my breathing got back to normal I was able to do the rest of the hike without breathing issues.

But the hike was torcher. Sterling thought so too. And Eliza too.



























We made it to what is known as The Meadow. We stopped for snack and rest a long while. It was so beautiful like Heaven. And little squirrels came to beg for food. There were lots of squirrels. They were adorable.




















We took lots of little breaks hoping to make it up the mountain. I doubted we could do it though.

Eliza stopped for a nap on our way up to "The Saddle". We left her there and went up to the Saddle. It was a scary part of the hike. From on the Saddle we could see the wide breathtaking view. There was a family of mountain goats up there too! They came very close. We were weary not to get in their way. They ended up crossing our hiking trail to go down the mountain. It was amazing.





















We did not make it all the way up to Summit. It was scary being as high up as the Saddle so I didn't want to try for the Summit.

We hiked down a bit to where Eliza and Alissa were waiting. Alissa was too nervous on top that she didn't stay long. We ate lunch before heading back down the mountain.














We started the hike at 6:30am. We ended the hike (barely survived) at 3pm.

It was a once in a lifetime experience. Amazing. And..you never want to do it again.

This evening we are having pizza and a movie at the Roundy house.
Tomorrow is Luke's baptism at 11am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment