2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Our new home/Shoulder Pain

Sterling did not love our townhouse when we were offered it. I really liked it thought. And the more units I see the more I think we got the best layout. I have not seen a layout similar to our own yet! When people come into our home they seem to like what they see and compare ours to all the others they have seen.

We had expected to have a small home ...maybe even a tower unit. No yard. So, to have such a big home and a big yard is hard to get use to. There have been comments made by my children about preferring our old house to this one. However, I personally am very pleased with our new place!
Perhaps the children feel they have less space in this house because the upstairs is two rooms they cannot play in, the hall, the restroom and their own bedrooms. But I love it because the tow largest room upstairs are Ster and my room and the office. Grownup rooms.
But the downstairs is a lot of room where the children can play and live! And they have the big yard, the playgrounds nearby and friends in our neighborhood.

Ty didn't get his dream of rollerblades (the sidewalks are too bumpy). But he does love riding bikes with me, touring the neighborhood.

I feel this neighborhood is much better for my children. They have neighbor kids closer than we had in SD. Kids all over the place. And playgrounds too! So close to our house Athena can go without me to play.

And there is a lot to do here. I just have not experienced them yet. The facilities on base offer so much to the military families! On our side of base is an indoor pool, swim classes, karate and more I need to go find out about. The tennis courts and skate park. The Airman's Attic (A free thrift store). And the movie theater (which is not free of charge) is walking distance from our house too!

The boys walk home from elementary school in 10 minutes.
Next year Luke will ride the bus to middle school and I will be required to drop off and pick up Athena from Kindergarten every day.
The Fall will be a big change. I don't even know in all the ways it will be a change for me personally. I can't think about that yet.

I do know I have options for what to do with my time while Athena is in school: volunteer at different places on base, get a job working for an hour or a few hours a day at the grocery store or a gas station market on base. Volunteer in the kids' schools. Or, if I wanted, teach English to Japanese children.

Right now I'm dealing with my shoulder. The one that I don't know how I hurt it but I guess it was working out. The shoulder that has been a pain since probably December and has kept me from getting enough sleep.
I still have two weeks before my appointment with the physical therapist. Sterling thinks physical therapy can help me recover. But after five months of pain and horrible nights I have doubts.
I worry I will have this bad condition for years to come.

It hurts so much at night that I have to get up and move around a while until the pain stops enough for me to try and sleep again. During the day I get pain and when it's bad I feel I should put my arm in a sling and baby it. But I know that doesn't work. I've tried babying it. I've tried gently working and stretching it. But, it hasn't gotten better.

Currently I sleep with four throw pillows and one to two sleep pillows propping me up in bed. My neck hurts because of it but atleast I am getting more sleep at night.
I will continue praying that this shall pass...soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment