2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Tiffany's Birthday

 Mother's day was wonderful!

We celebrated my actual birthday with Smores Poptarts for breakfast. I took brownies for my primary class. Then afternoon snack was ice cream and brownie in waffle bowls.






Ways my family honored me today: Ster and the kids cleaned up the livingroom/dining room after church. Sterling made dinner and played with the kids while I stayed in bed blogging and playing on the computer.


                         Sterling and I were called today to be Primary teachers and activity day boy leaders. I taught our CTR 6 and 7 class for the first time today. We have 10 children. 6 showed up today.
One was sad to be there and sat in the corner grouchy. But the rest were happy and well behaved.
We had only 20 minutes for class but it was perfect. We read ten verses from the scriptures about Zaccaeus and how he climbed a tree to see Jesus. Then Jesus knew how much Zaccaeus wanted to just see Jesus. So he spent the day with Zaccaeus at his home. The people wondered why Jesus would give so much time and attention to one sinner. We are all sinners. We are not perfect but Jesus loves us and knows what is in our hearts.
Then I laid out my storyboard cutouts for this story and we played it out on the floor.
I had temple pictures displayed and we talked about the temple. The reverence and respect we should have for it. The way we can feel while there. And how to be worthy of entering.

We colored pictures of the temple and ate a brownie. Then class was over and we had a prayer.
I think that our class will be super fun. And with the short time frame it was super easy. The hard part of teaching primary class, to me, has always been the boring parts. When I teach and it gets boring because we have so much time to fill. But with a short time, the whole class can be the fun stuff.
I think my kids will really like having us as teachers!

It gives me more hope for our activity day boys calling as well. We plan to do activity day boys during the summer because my boys love it so much! They don't want the summertime break from this group.


No comments:

Post a Comment