2014 Family

2014 Family

Friday, August 30, 2019

Back To School


Open house for Mendel elementary school:
 1st day of school for 3rd grade and 6th:
 Ty walks to school with friends and walks home afterward. Lachoneus rides the bus to and from the middle school. However, Ster will soon be working in a building next door to the middle school. Then, Ster will take Luke to school sometimes.


 Before Ster left for work one morning I could hear him playing pretend with Athena in her bedroom. So I snuck in and made them say cheese.

 While the boys were in school a whole week before Athena starts I scheduled a few fun things for her week. On Thursday we met some friends at the bowling alley. We ate lunch there then bowled. And lastly we played some arcade games there.
Sterling showed up during the bowling to hand off two little kiddos for me to watch. They had just arrived in Japan with their parents so I was watching them while the parents took the drivers test.

I also had a Phoebe from our ward with me that day. After the bowling center I took all four children to my house to play for a couple of hours.
 People who joined us for bowling: Sis Auna and her boy, Sis Kartchner and her boy, Sis Fry with her two girls. We had a blast! The little kids got tired of bowling before we reached the halfway point in the game even though we took up three lanes to make it shorter wait times for the kids inbetween their turns.



 Athena and I made cherry pies on Friday. Mini pies. We took them to a work potluck that day after school. Athena is so ready to start attending school during the week! And I am even more ready!

 Saturday we went as a family to Showa Kinen Park. It was our second time there. It was supposed to be a rainy day but it was just hot.
We took our bikes...squeezed them in the back of the car. And squeezed the kids in the middle of the car. So we could ride instead of hike at the park.





 I thought this tree was really interesting with two different types of greenery growing on the trunk:


No comments:

Post a Comment