2014 Family

2014 Family

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Round One

The first time I took the kids to Round One, a fun zone about twenty plus minutes from base, was a nightmare. We were suppose to meet some friends (The Kartchners) there.
I had to follow GPS to get there and traffic is bad here. There are so many cars all the time.
GPS tries to save time by taking you down tiny roads that are not used as much. Unfortunately, those roads are so tiny two cars cannot fit at the same time. Yet, they are two ways roads. It is very scary.
So, I found the Round One building but was trying to turn around when I drove too far. Unfortunately I drove down a street that would best be described as a driveway. A driveway that zig zagged down a hill through an entire neighborhood. I made an attempt at turning around by driving into someone's driveway and backing out to head back up the hill. My van is too long though. Shorter than an American van it is still the longest car a normal person can drive here.

In Japan you need a rearview camera. Mine broke a while ago so I dont' have one. Backing up I made sure I wasn't going to run into any parked vehicles. However, I ran my tail into a short wall that I didn't see. A wall that divided two home's driveways. When I hit it I thought "How did I hit that car! I was so careful not to get close to the car!"
I was relieved when I found that 1) I didn't just hit a Japanese civilians car and would have to deal with the language barrier and the police
2) I did no damage to the wall or anything else that was not my property. So, I could just leave.

My rearview windshield wiper fell off...I'm not sure why. It was located higher than the wall.
And of course I put a straight line upward dent into my van. Luckily, I can still open and close the back.

The kids were scared. I couldn't turn around. So I continued down the hill scared that I would be stuck in someone's driveway with no way out.
When I got to the bottom there were metal poles coming out of the street. There was space just enough for my car to squeeze through at one point but then I still found myself stuck. It was a V shape from where I came and where I need to go forward. Luckily I made it and kept going to find I had backtracked and had to redrive a good length to get back to Round One.

Our friends had been there an hour. We paid for an hour and a half to play everything. It's about $10 a person to get in.

Spinning tube:



 Skating rink:
 There was a full arcade and the kids loved free range at that:
 We went about a month after our first time. Ty still had anxiety from the traumatic first experience.
Luke ready to ride a motorcycle mini:


 The instructor went over safety etc but only in Japanese. Luckily, my boys have experience riding motor bikes already.


 Balloon pits:



 Mechanical Bull for kids!




No comments:

Post a Comment